“Content” shall mean movies and other similar digital video content files.
“Popflick” shall mean Popflick LLC, a limited liability company organized and existing under the laws of the State of Georgia, USA.
“Popflick Service” shall mean collectively the service maintained by Popflick for: i) the viewing of video by consumers and related features, functionality, and services offered to consumers; and ii) related features, functionality, and services offered to persons who provide Content.
“Popflick Site” shall mean the website Popflick.com.
4. Information We Collect
Popflick may collect the following information from or about you, including personal information, from the following sources:
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide to us, such as your name, email address, credit card or other payment method information, address, ZIP code, characteristics such as your age (birth date) and gender, and other information. In addition, Popflick may collect similar information you provide to us when you respond to surveys or contact Popflick through customer service or communicate with us by other means. We also collect information that you provide as part of selecting your preferences, including within your account settings.
Usage, Technical and Log Data. We collect information when you use the Popflick Service or interact with Popflick. We may collect information from and about the browser or device you’re using and information about your internet or other electronic network activity, including through analytics tools and the technologies described below (“Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies”). This information may include your IP address, device type, browser and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), geolocation data (which may include precise location data), referral URLs, network state, device identifiers or other unique identifiers such as advertising identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”) and identifiers associated with browser cookies (see our description of “Cookies and Local Storage” below), and carrier information.
Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use various technologies to collect usage data and store preferences. These technologies are discussed below.
Account and Profile Data from Third-Party Services.
- Cookies and Local Storage. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the Popflick Service, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Popflick Service, and to customize Content. These uses allow us to improve the Popflick Service. We may create a unique device or user ID for you and store it in a cookie so we can customize your experience based on your preferences.
- We may collect information through other kinds of local storage (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, including in connection with features such as volume/mute settings for the Popflick Service. Because these technologies are similar to browser cookies, they are sometimes called “browser cookies,” even though they may be stored in different parts of your computer.
- You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Please note that disabling cookies or deleting information contained in cookies or Flash cookies may interfere with the performance and features of the Popflick Service, including not being able to store your preferences or login information.
If you choose to log-in, access or otherwise connect to the Popflick Service, or contact Popflick through a third-party service, we may, for example, collect identifiers including your user ID and user name associated with that service, as well as any information you make public using that service. We may also collect information you have authorized the service to share with us, such as your user ID, billing information, public profile information, birthday, email address, and other account and profile data.Information from Partners and Other Sources.
We collect information from companies through which you may access or interact with the Popflick Service or through which you pay for the Popflick Service or otherwise receive access to the Popflick Service as part of your relationship with such company (e.g., mobile phone carriers or other companies that provide services to you). The information we collect from these partners may include email address and other identifiers that support authentication, activation, and personalization of the Popflick Service, as well as payment processing and other billing-related matters.5. Use of Information We CollectUse in General.
We use the information we collect from or about you in order to help deliver a first-class user experience, including for the following purposes:
Use of Payment Information.
- providing the Popflick Service and optimizing the Popflick Service;
- contacting and communicating with you, including for promotions, updates, and notifications;
- customizing the Content you view and evaluating how well the Content performs;
- identifying Content you share;
- customizing recommendations;
- compiling aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- detecting security incidents, preventing potentially fraudulent, illegal or harmful activities and otherwise enforcing our Terms of Service and other policies;
- protecting your and our rights and complying with legal obligations; and
- other uses in accordance with our Terms of Service.
We use payment information, such as credit card numbers and billing ZIP code, and commercial information, such as the Popflick plan you purchase, to help provide the Popflick Service. For example, we use payment information to process payments from a subscriber (we use a third-party payment processor to do this), to retrieve account information for a subscriber, to determine whether a subscriber is eligible for promotions, and to detect abuse of the Popflick Service.Use of Precise Location Data.
In order to access certain Popflick Service from your computer or mobile device, you may be required to share your device’s precise location data (e.g., latitude and longitude) with us.6. Sharing Information with Others
We may share information collected from or about you with others for the purposes described below.Service Providers.
We may share information collected from or about you with companies that provide services to us, including companies that assist with payment processing, data processing and management, account management, and hosting. The categories of information that we share with service providers will vary depending on the types of services they provide. For example, we share payment information with our third-party payment processor to assist us in our billing efforts.When Required By Law or When Necessary to Protect Your or Our Rights.
We may disclose your information: i) to protect the legal rights of Popflick; ii) to protect the safety and security of users of the Popflick Service or third parties; iii) to enforce our Terms of Service; iv) to protect against fraud; and v) to comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.In Connection with Certain Transactions.
If we sell all or part of our business, make a transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a change of control transaction, we may transfer information from or about you to one or more third parties as part of the transaction, including the due diligence process.7. Aggregate or De-Identified Information.
Attention: Customer Support